Family Weekend 2011
Family Weekend is Friday, October 28 through Sunday, October 30.
Visit campus for a weekend of events that will connect you to the experience your student is having at Bard College at Simon’s Rock. Learn more about how your student is doing academically and socially, and learn about the support and programs the College offers. Here are a few highlights of the weekend:
- Sit in on one of your student’s courses and experience academics at Simon’s Rock first-hand.
- For families of sophomores: Advising specifically for second-year students and their families to plan for the next two years of college
- A Senior Thesis poster display where you can see the advanced, independent research projects students undertake as part of their year-long thesis project
- Celebrate recipients of named scholarships at Honors Convocation.
- One-on-one meetings with your student’s academic advisor, and professors. You’ll learn about what they’re doing in class and how they’re transitioning into college life.
- An alumni panel, where graduates will share their academic and career paths since leaving Simon's Rock. What came next? How prepared were they for the “real world”? What advice can they offer? This session is a must for parents and students alike!
- For families of first-years: A first-year adjustment panel that walks you through the transition into college and the campus community
- Interested in Signature Program study abroad opportunities? At the new Liebowitz Center for International Studies, a panel of seniors will connect the dots between living abroad and their goals for their senior theses and future career plans.
- Meet the new provost, and socialize with faculty, staff, and other parents at the Provost’s Reception.
- Relax and hang out as a family. If you’re interested, we invite you to brunch in the dining hall and a guided hike up beautiful Monument Mountain. You can also browse the finds at the weekend-long library book sale or attend a students vs. faculty, staff, and alumni soccer game.