October 26-28, 2012
Each year, Family Weekend is an opportunity to spend time with your students in their new home, to talk with their academic advisors, professors, and residence directors, and to get a glimpse of daily life at the college. Parents, siblings and friends are able to attend workshops relating to Simon’s Rock students and their future education, as well as academic classes concerts, and local events. In addition to learning more about life on campus, Family Weekend is a great opportunity to enjoy a fall weekend in the Berkshires.
The Weekend At-A-Glance
- Open classes, where families can catch a glimpse of academic life at Simon’s Rock
- Convocation, a ceremony in which the school recognizes scholarship and award recipients
- A Welcome Reception introducing visitors to Simon’s Rock staff and faculty members
- Visits with professors, advisors and residence directors
To schedule a meeting with your student's faculty and advisors, please register online.
- Panel discussions with current students, College staff and Simon’s Rock alumni
- Sponsor-a-Book event to help support the Alumni Library
- The Provost’s Reception, a chance for parents to meet Provost Peter Laipson and other school administrators
- Enjoy a leisurely brunch in the dining hall, explore Great Barrington
- Stay to cheer on the Men’s and Women’s Basketball Teams