ITS Help Page
- File Backup
- Change Your Password
- Forward Your E-mail
- Setup/Remove a Vacation Message (faculty/staff only)
- Subscribe to a Mailing List
- Our mail server is mail.simons-rock.edu. You must connect using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Outgoing Mail via SMTP: Server port 465, Use SSL with Password Authentication
- Incoming Mail via IMAP: Server Port 993, Use SSL.
- Deprecated. POP support may be removed from our server soon: Incoming Mail via POP (not recommended): Server Port 995, Use SSL. (See POP vs. IMAP for background on mail protocols.)
- Install the Simon's Rock Root Certificate
- Details for Configuring Mail Clients:
To report spam email that is not caught by our Sophos spam filter, forward the spam message as an attachment to: email@example.com . This will help the filter catch other similar spam. To report an email that was incorrectly flagged as spam, forward the spam message as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- In Thunderbird, use the menu command Message > Forward As > Attachment
- In Webmail, open the message and click the "Forward as Attachment" link in the upper right.
- In Apple's Mac Mail.app, use the menu command Message > Forward As Attachment
NOTE: We now have new system for Student printing; see PaperCut Managed Printing. The older instructions below are for faculty and staff only.
- Safe Computing Practices
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Failed Netreg Message
- New Students: Connecting to the Simon's Rock Network
- Network Acceptable Use Policy
- Copyright Information and Higher Education Funding
- Connection Information
- Finding a Hardware (MAC) Address (MacOS | Windows | Linux/UNIX)
- Renewing DHCP Lease
- Enabling DHCP
Computer Lab Software
- Please login to my.simons-rock.edu, go to the Campus Life page, and see the Telephones links under ITS.
For Faculty and Staff
The following pages may or may not be useful to the community. They contain information for our CA staff
- Library CA Tasks -- Things to do when it is slow at the library
- View Schedule -- The current CA office / library schedule.
- New Computer Setup -- standard setup for new college-owned computers
- Weekly Lab Checklist -- the form for weekly checks of public computers and printers
- Remote Desktop Use -- helpful hints on how to use remote desktop
- Library Computer Addresses