In addition to financial contributions, gifts of your time can also benefit students at Simon’s Rock. Here are some ways you can help the College advance its mission to provide a life-changing early college education:
Host an event
Alumni happy hours, regional parent gatherings, Mayfest celebrations or evening salons are examples of events that help Simon’s Rock alumni, parents and friends connect and build community. If you are interested in hosting, please contact Rich Montone (email@example.com; 413.644.4776).
Suggest prospective students
We are always on the lookout for the next generation of Rockers. If you know someone who would make a great Simon’s Rock student, please let us know. Contact Director of Admission Steve Coleman (firstname.lastname@example.org; 413.528.7499). Each admitted student that is referred by a Simon’s Rock alumna or alumnus receives a $1,000 scholarship.
Volunteer to help raise money for the Fund for Simon’s Rock
This can take many forms depending on the amount of time you have and what you most enjoy. If you are a social butterfly, perhaps you’d like to ask 10 of your Simon’s Rock friends to make a gift to the College this year. If you are given to writing, you could work with Annual Fund Manager Rich Montone to author an appeal to alumni, parents or friends in your region, era or professional field. Or something else. Please let Rich know if you’d like to be directly involved in fundraising efforts (email@example.com; 413.644.4776).
Start a professional network
Would you like to take the lead in connecting other Simon’s Rock alumni, parents and friends in your field? If so, contact Rich (firstname.lastname@example.org; 413.644.4776).
Here are some other things that you can do, or might already be doing, that support students at Simon’s Rock:
- Renew a Simon’s Rock friendship
- Talk Simon’s Rock to high school students and parents
- Mention Simon’s Rock to a local academic award winner
- Send Simon’s Rock your new address
- Keep in touch with faculty
- Suggest alumni, parents and friends for Leadership Council service
- See if your employer will match your gift to Simon’s Rock
- Tell your Simon’s Rock friends that every gift to the College matters
- Hire a Simon’s Rock graduate
- List Simon’s Rock in your credentials
- Mention Simon’s Rock during public speaking engagements
- Wear a Simon’s Rock t-shirt
- Post on facebook.com/simonsrockalumni or facebook.com/simonsrockparents
- Attend a Simon’s Rock event