If an emergency occurs on campus, you may be asked to take certain protective actions. The most common protective actions requested will be: Shelter-in-Place or Building Evacuation.
- Get/stay indoors
- Secure doors and windows; turn off any air conditioning units in room.
- Stay indoors until notified it’s safe to go outdoors.
For Building Evacuation:
- Evacuate building using nearest exit.
- Take personal belongings (backpacks, keys, purses, wallets, etc.).
- Do not use elevator.
- Secure hazardous materials or equipment.
- Follow instructions by faculty, staff, or emergency personnel.
- Move away from building.
More detailed information is provided in the links below.