Financial Aid Information
Applicants wishing to be considered for financial aid should submit their financial aid application at the same time as their application for admission, following the guidelines below. Applicants can contact their admission counselor or the Director of Financial Aid with questions about the financial aid application process.
How to apply
On your application, indicate that you will apply for financial aid. Plan to submit your financial aid application materials at the same time as your admission application-and plan to do it as soon after January 1 as possible, preferably before the April 15 priority deadline.
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply online, or pick up a paper application at your high school guidance office. Complete all the steps, including either applying for an electronic pin for signature, or printing and mailing the signature page (parent and student). You'll need to know our federal code number: 009645. The FAFSA allows you to be considered for all federal and state aid, including low-interest student loans. The results of the FAFSA come to us electronically.
2. Complete the College Board PROFILE online. The directions can get arduous, but it's worth the effort. You'll need to pay a small fee, and you'll need to know our code number: 3795. The form allows you to be considered for Simon's Rock need-based aid. Non-custodial parent statements must be completed, if applicable. We’ll receive the PROFILE results electronically as well.
3. The college may perform a review of your financial aid application through a process called “verification”. In this process, the college will be comparing information received from the FAFSA and CSS/Profile with the verification worksheet and information pertaining to your 2012 tax returns. If you have been chosen for verification, further instructions will be provided in your financial aid package.
1. Complete the International Student Certification of Finances Guidelines (2014-15). This form is a required part of the application and must be submitted to the Office of Admission in order for your file to be complete.
2. Complete the International Student Financial Aid Application (2014-15) and submit it to the Office of Financial Aid.
Based on the results of your FAFSA and Profile, or of your Certification of Finances and International Student Financial Aid Application, we’ll send you a financial aid package, which might include grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study opportunities. You and your family can then discuss any questions with our financial aid or admission staff before deciding whether to accept it.
Phone: 413 528-7297
Fax: 413 528-7339