Meet the Faculty
PhD, State University of New York, Albany
MAT, Smith College
BA, Bennington College
Literature Faculty, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
Areas of Interest:
Hermeneutics • Abrahamic Religions • Critical and Literary Theory • Psychoanalysis
Research Interests/Professional Service:
- Berkshire Community College, Founded and directed the Peer Tutoring Program and the Writing Center
- Berkshire Learning Services, Founding Director
- "The Effective Education Professional" in Journal of Humanistic Education and Development
- "Walter Benjamin: Marxist Rabbi with Dialectical Reservations." Doctoral Dissertation.
- "August Genesis," in Experiencing Race, Class and Gender in the United States, McGraw Hill.
- "After the Aftermath" in The Rougarou Literary Journal, University of Louisiana
- "Penny Candy" in Moronic Ox Cultural and Literary Journal.
- "Generations Y and Z Drash Alpha and Omega" in Educating Outside the Lines: Bard College at Simon's Rock on a New Pedagogy for the Twenty-First Century, Peter Lang Publishing.
- "Language of Angels: Sacred Signification and the Crisis of Truth" in Literature and Belief, Brigham Young University.
Recent Conferences and Papers
- "The Fatal Power of Envy", International Political Science Association Conference, Madrid, Spain
- "A Pair of Fine Eyes in a Pretty Face: Hegelian Marriage in Pride and Prejudice" at Rider University, video-conference with University of Kufa, Najaf, Iraq, as part of the Global Studies/Global Village Initiative
- "Philosophy in the Abrahamic Tradition", University of Denver
- "Literature and Belief", Brigham Young University
- University of Chicago Outstanding Teacher Award
- Fulbright Fellowship in the Humanities Nomination, Smith College
- Mark Shirwin Outstanding Service Award
- Richard Drum Award
- Writing Workshops Summerbridge, Providence, RI.
- Writing Workshop Upward Bound, St. Louis, Mo
- "College Students with Learning Challenges" Southern Berkshire Educational Collaborative and Upward Bound
- English as a Second Language, Literacy Network
- "The First Book of Moses" and "Metatron to Mephistopheles" lecture series, Osher Institute for Life Long Learning
- Berkshire Learning Services: an organization devoted to serving gifted students with learning challenges, Founding Director